It’s that time of the year with an abundance of delicious summer fruits in season. Strawberries are one of my favourites, mostly because they make the tastiest desserts with very little effort. Simply dip strawberries in chocolate and you’ve got yourself a tasty luxurious treat, prefect for any occassion. Or, serve up fresh strawberries in cream for a fruity summer dessert. I love that this breakfast strawberry parfait is quick and easy to make, and will brighten even the gloomiest mornings.
Top with freshly whipped cream for that flavourful summer breakfast or dessert. It can be prepped well in advance which makes it perfect for when you’re short on time.
How to make Strawberry Parfait
This parfait contains alternate layers of Granola, strawberries and yoghurt. Really easy to make. Unlike the Apple Pie French Parfait Recipe which has a french parfait layer that requires more prep time. All you need is some yoghurt, sweetened with sugar, honey, or maple syrup.
I prefer to make some fresh strawberry jam instead of using store bought jam.
To make the strawberry jam:
A pound of fresh strawberries (2½ Cups) – cleaned and diced.
¼ cup of sugar.
1 tsp lemon juice.
Pour the diced strawberries into a pan, add sugar and lemon juice. Stir to combine and leave to boil on low heat. Once it starts to boil, use a crusher to mash the strawberries.
Check and stir frequently so it doesn’t burn. Boil until it reaches setting point and allow to cool before pouring into sterile jars to use later.
How to test the Jam setting point – Pour a tsp of the jam onto a cold plate. Leave for a minute and then push the jam with your finger. If the jam is ready, you should see a wrinkle effect.
- Yoghurt – preferably greek yoghurt
- Honey or maple syrup – To sweeten the yoghurt
- Granola – store bought or homemade. You can substitute granola with crushed biscuits for that crunch.
- Cream – ready made whipped cream or freshly whipped double cream
- Strawberry jam
- Sliced strawberries – arrange as a layer in the parfait or use as toppings.
These strawberry parfaits stays fresh in the fridge for up to 4 days. Add the whipped cream right before serving, and you’re good to go!
Breakfast Strawberry Parfait
- ½ cup Strawberries (hulled and sliced)
- ½ cup Granola
- 1 cup Greek Yoghurt or any Yoghurt of choice
- 2 tbsp Strawberry Jam (preferably freshly made) See notes.
- Freshly whipped cream (Optional)
- 1 tbsp Honey / Maple Syrup / Sugar (Add as required)
- Mix the yoghurt with honey or sweetner of choice.
- Spoon a layer of yoghurt into the jar, then add 2 tbsp of granola.
- Layer with a tbsp of strawberry jam, then add some sliced fresh strawberries.
- Repeat all the layers again and then top with some whipped cream or some more strawberries. Enjoy!